Fwd: Re: N&W/Scioto Valley Question

Thu Oct 4 19:39:09 EDT 2007

>Between Ashville and Ritts on the N&W, there had been

>tanks supplied from Big Walnut Creek. The tanks had

>a storage capacity of 150,000 gals. Use of one of the

>tanks was discontinued during the winter. Between

>Jan. 1 and October 31, 1943, an average of 0.4

>trains/day stopped to take on 7,000 gals. This water

>station was apparently known as Reeses.

> Harry Bundy

Harry

Very interesting. There was station named Cando in 1929 just north
of Circleville. I have been unable to locate any miles for this
point. Could this be the old name for Ritz?

A 1909 N&W PTT showed Reeses as 4 miles from Lockbourne and 2 miles
to Valley Xing. Below is a list of these stations.

Jim Blackstock

Circleville
Freight House
Ritts Passing Siding
Cando
Cromley
Bells Siding
Ashville
Dix (Dix Passing Siding)
Duvalls
Lockbourne
Miner (Miner Passing Siding)
Bradfield
Reeses (4 miles from Lockbourne and 2 miles to Valley Xing 1909 ptt)
Obetz
Valley Crossing (formerly C&HV Crossing)