three questions

Mon Oct 8 21:29:02 EDT 2007

John Abbott wrote;

1. What is the easiest way to figure out where that milepost is ( short of walking the ROW and eyeballing ). Someone had suggested a track chart, and there is one in the Archives, but I am confused about the availability of those documents. Can I order one?

A. John, just a thought. If there are any signals nearby, the signals are numbered approximately by milepost, so that might give you a clue which way, and how far you need to walk.

2. Also, I was watching an old VHS tape last night that contained a number of shots of the old "photographers briudge" somewhere on the Blue Ridge grade. Is the site of the bridge still accessible, and if so, where it it.

A. I've photographed the excursion trains there during the years they ran and the bridge was gone then. It was located where the railroad went through a cut maybe 1/10 to 2/10 of a mile west of the Blue Ridge depot. There was (I imagine still is) a road going to some houses that ended where the old bridge was taken out. Sorry I don't remember exact directions or road names. It was pretty grown up then, and probably worse now.

Jeff Sanders