Question About Norfolk Area

Sun Nov 4 21:58:23 EST 2007

Whenever I

>call city hall to request services to "West Norfolk", they

>tell me I must call Norfolk. Hey stupid city clerks! West

>Norfolk IS in Portsmouth!

>Jerry Kay, Portsmouth, Virginia

Jerry

Wonder where they send you if you requested services to Norfolk Naval
Shipyard? England??

(For the benefit of those not familiar with the area The Ship Yard is
located at Portsmouth, VA. When it was built there was another
Portsmouth Ship yard in New Hampshire. So they called the one in
Portsmouth, Virginia The Norfolk.Naval Shipyard.)

Seems like there was also a Port Norfolk at one time on the
Portsmouth side. Not sure about this as many years has passed.

West Norfolk. I seem to recall this was the location of the old
Virginia Chemical Co. Good customer of the old N&W.

Jim Blackstock