N&W 160 - 60' RPO car acquired from the Fisco in 1967

Sun Nov 4 23:41:29 EST 2007

Very interesting, Frank. I had no knowledge of these cars at all, and am
happy to add them to my passenger car roster. As to the late purchase,
did anyone know then what the USPS was going to do? Presumably N&W still
had RPO contracts on the ex-Wabash lines as well as their own main line.
BTW, they bought back the car they had sold to FEC. So go figure! I seem
to remember that New Haven picked up some Santa Fe RPO's about the same
time. Jim Nichols