Question About Norfolk Area

Mon Nov 5 10:47:29 EST 2007

I think all of this is consistent with CSX's decision years ago to concentrate on making the Port of Baltimore their primary overseas shipping outlet, leaving Hampton Roads to Norfolk & Western, now NS. Considering that Hampton Roads is a day closer to the rest of the world, I think CSX's decision was more a political one, made in conjunction with Maryland, Baltimore and the old business interests of the B&O crowd, than a good business one.

Sam Putney