N&W 160

Thu Nov 8 13:51:01 EST 2007

Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 08:49:21 -0600
Subject: Re: N&W 160

I have a photo of Wab 452 (same series) which is
definitely a 30' RPO-Baggage. All I can say is -
Roanoke did a good job. Jim Nichols

November 8, 2007

Thanks, Jim. If you're able to attach a photo scan to
an email, would you please send it off-list to
wkeller at marinettemarine.com and f_scheer at yahoo.com

Of course, this still leaves the question open: why a
conversion was necessary in 1967. I recall seeing
ATSF stainless steel 60-feet RPOs in Washington, DC,
that were being leased by the New Haven just prior to
the Penn Central merger, to replace its decrepit
fleet.

Good afternoon,

Frank