Photo info. Q:

Sun Nov 11 09:41:27 EST 2007

Hey guys:
Fascinating discussion. Glad as many people were stumped as I was. Gary's point is what threw me; I couldn't remember a mountain face way in the distance like that in the photo, but I've only hit the high spots on the Pulaski District during various trips out east. I knew there were spots I hadn't seen.
The Y6b also seemed a bit unusual, since only 10 were assigned to Roanoke and Y6/Y6a's show up more in the photos I've got.
Well, keep the chat going please. Thanks again. Where's Abe Burnett or Harry Bundy, they could probably name the spot down to the tenth of a mile...
P.S. -- I did win the photo, cheap. It purports to be a John Krause photo, as Ken Miller said, from the Tom Dixon (of TLC Publishing) fame. I guess that explains where some of Krause's collection ended up ...
Andre Jackson and/or Lisa Burrows
Life is short; update your anti-virus software
Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2007 7:59 PM
Subject: Re: Photo info. Q:

The key is the face of the mountain across the river, I cannot recollect anywhere on the Bristol line where that scene is possible, I believe that it is over on the New River line.

Gary Price

It is a John Krause photo, his information on negative sleeves is
notoriously absent. I'd guess it is an afternoon photo, never checked
the exact location, but I'd suspect some of the bridges between
Oakvale and Bluefield, I'm sure someone else knows more.

Ken Miller

http://mail.yahoo.com