Photo info. Q:

Sun Nov 11 14:28:06 EST 2007

Andre-
My first guess was same as Ken Miller's --
one of the four overhead bridges on
West Virginia Rte. 12 between Ingleside and
Oakvale. But if the Y was westbound, it
certainly wouldn't be drifting up a 1.1% grade.
On the other hand, Rte. 12 goes through so
many gyrations that maybe Krause's compass
was off.

West of Pulaski, N&W crosses Peak Creek 12
times before Granite Tunnel. Of the 12, three
are deck plate girders which span Peak Creek
and a road. The mountain in the background --
could that possibly be Mt. Olivet ? As I recall,
Pulaski's water supply comes from a lake in
that area.

Harry Bundy