Photo info. Q: Before and After

Tue Nov 13 22:06:21 EST 2007

Looks like the mystery's solved. I'd always thought that photo didn't seem like a Bristol line shot, despite the caption both on the back and in the TLC book where the photo originally ran.
I guess one day people may be wondering about where I shot some of my stuff, since none of it's marked ...
Thanks to all who weighed in, and Jimmy L., gimme a shout if you want the photo; I'll part with it for what eBay commanded.

Andre Jackson
Life is short; update your anti-virus software
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 8:41 PM
Subject: Re: Photo info. Q: Before and After

Andre and/or Lisa,
I got down to Buchanan today and here is the proof after 50+ years of tree growth. Note that the outline of the tree is the same along with the bridge and all concrete abutments. The trees behind the track have grown up so high as to absure the rock face across the James River on the C&O side.
In my second picture, you should be able to match the rock formation and shadows near the top to the ones pictured right in front of the smokebox on the Y6b. I couldn't get over on the lime plant property to get a better picture of the rocks. BTW, the rock formations on the C&O side at this point (N&W MP H213) and across the river at Calera (N&W MP H211) are very unique.
I'm glad you asked about this picture and brought it to light.
Take care,
Jimmy Lisle

http://www.nwhs.org/qna/bridge423.html