Turntables

Tue Jan 1 12:39:57 EST 2008

Seeing the picture given us recently of a Y on a turntable, I would like to
see a discussion of which turntable type was used where.

I'll start it. I don't remember seeing a picture of the actual turntable on
Island Yard here in Lynchburg, but I do know the pit wall was not complete all
the way around it! On the back side, the ground fell away, making it
possible to actually walk into the pit when I saw it in the early 1960's. There was
no traditional roundhouse either.

Aubrey Wiley - Lynchburg, Va.

You are invited to visit these links but they are still under construction.

Home Page - _http://vgnry43.googlepages.com/home_
(http://vgnry43.googlepages.com/home)
Model Railroad Page -
_http://vgnry43.googlepages.com/modelrailroadofaubreywiley_