Norfolk Southern Camp Cars in the News

Wed Jan 2 21:13:46 EST 2008

I heard the same story, David. And after listening, I too had to wonder what the story was. Though I've never been in the cars, I quite often see the work trains parked in south yard Roanoke and they look neat and clean enough on the outside. If the option is staying at a fleabag motel 25 miles from the job site or living in comfort with nice bunks and a color TV at the job site, I'd opt for the latter, just as the workers said they would.

Sam Putney

Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 8:35 PM
Subject: Norfolk Southern Camp Cars in the News

What is going on with Camp Cars on Norfolk Southern? I just heard a story on NPR's Morning Edition this morning about Congress debating whether the railroad should be allowed to use them. They also broadcast comments of laborers stating that they saw no reason to eliminate the use of such equipment.

Who is pushing this and what is the rest of the story?

David Ray