The Cost Savings of Steam Today.

Fri Jan 11 10:38:21 EST 2008

Ed,

Great question. I don't know if you have read the paper, it is in there.
But basically the combustion/firebox design gasifies the coal to a
combination of hydrogen, methane and carbon monoxide. This gas blend is
burned completely above the firebed with no smoke and virtually no particle
carryover. This is the simple version. Also coal fired power plants are
not belching smoke anymore either.

Good question, keep em coming,

John