The Cost Savings of Steam Today.

Sun Jan 13 22:54:00 EST 2008

Most published information indicates that the world will run out of readily recoverable oil in the next 25 to 50 years. However, this has been the story for the past century, indicating that we constantly find ways to recover deposits that were not considered practical to recover in the past. There are also new discoveries, but the "experts" claim that all the really big deposits have been found.

these estimated generally do not include oil in tar sands and oil shale, both of which hold vast amounts of oil. the Canadians are recovering about a million barrels a day from tar sands, not an insignificant amount. Oil shale, located in Colorado and other places, is said to hold much more oil than the Saudis have, but we have no commercial process to recover it at present.

Coal deposits are said to be adequate for several centuries of consumption.

Ed Sproles
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2008 5:54 PM
Subject: Re: The Cost Savings of Steam Today.

Just one question....

Has anyone compared the current supply of crude oil and the approximate depletion of such to the amount of coal underground and how long it is estimated to last?? We ain't burying dinosaurs anymore.

Gary Price
Keeping the ole' N&W safe...one tie at a time