New Member & Tallulah Falls Railway #73

Sun Jan 20 16:58:27 EST 2008

Kenneth

Baldwin 4-6-0 23848 was built March 1904 with 17x24 Cyl. 56 inch
drivers as the TF # 3. The Baldwin records indicate it was built as a
4ft. 9inch gauge locomotive. The number was apparently changed to 73
at a later date.

Baldwin 2-8-0 15154 was built Jan. 1897 as N&W number 354. It was
renumbered 202 July 1906. Sold to the Tulluah Falls as their # 72
after the N&W retired the locomotive in 1911. It was one of the 7
class G1 locomotives. The 353/201/7 is in a park in Bluefield, WV
and the 352 Renumbered 200 and finally # 6 is in the Roanoke
Transportation Museum.

Jim Blackstock