New Member & Tallulah Falls Railway #73

Mon Jan 21 07:45:13 EST 2008

Jim - The complete Lima records are in Eric Hrsimaki's history of the Lima Locomotive Works. At least I believe they're complete; there are a lot of them listed . . .

EdKing
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2008 6:38 AM
Subject: Re: New Member & Tallulah Falls Railway #73

Kenneth

I have copies of the builder records from most of the commercial
steam builders. I do not have the records of Lima, Porter or
Vulcan. Hope to obtain these some day. The records normally contain
the Month and year built, wheel arrangement, construction number and
original owners name. The Baldwin records are better than most as
they contain the information for the cylinders and drivers and space
for any special notes. So far there is no database with these records.

Jim Blackstock

>Thanks, Jim!
>
>I guess "new" can look a lot like "N+W" on a hand-written list,
>especially when the previous locomotive in the list *did* come from
>the N&W. Out of curiosity, where do you get your information? Is
>there a database of locomotives by builder's number?
>
>As for TF #72/N&W #354/202, I hadn't even thought of the engine at
>the Roanoke Transportation Museum. Of course, I've stared at that
>engine every time I bring a train into the yard. I'll have to drive
>up there and measure it some time.
>
>Kenneth Rickman

Welcome Kenneth, I can't help you with this particular loco, but I do share your interest in steam locomotives and may have met you sometime at Spencer, or Rural Hall on P-29/30. Hope to see you at some later date. Ron Hash