Railfanning in NSW Australia

Wed Jan 23 20:03:51 EST 2008

I'm two months into a five 1/2 month consulting assignment in the Sydney area, and I can finally see my way clear to do some serious railfanning.? My question to any NWHS folks in the Sydney area is, what if any problems might I face in photographing and video recording CityRail, CountryLink and Intercity passenger trains, as well as the occasional freight?? Obviously, it would be done from public areas, no trespassing on private property, safely, all the rest of the common sense things.? But, is this frowned upon?? Am I likely to attract the attention of officials?? Are there any permits needed?

Thanks in advance,

Dave Phelps