Railfanning in NSW Australia

Fri Feb 1 16:45:27 EST 2008

Thanks, noted.

Dave

In a message dated 2/1/2008 11:34:56 P.M. AUS Eastern Daylight Time,
nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org writes:

A freind in NSW writes:

"Hmm, as far as I know there shouldn't be a prob, as long as he does not
look as if he is "of arabic appearance". They are getting paranoid
about photographing anything - during the recent G8 summit, one poor
mutt was dragged off for photographing manholes 'cos they looked
interesting with the security tape stuck all over them. If on City Rail
property, public area or not, he probably needs a permit. This country
is awash with that sort of bureaucracy.

One small word of caution, if the fuzz/officials do get interested,
don't start arguing, they can get downright nasty.

Jim"

Dominic Pinto
London