signal demise/position lights

Tue Feb 12 18:26:33 EST 2008

Howdy Eric,

Yes! Those are the ones I was asking about the date when they were replaced with the newer signals. I have seen them with 7, 6, and 4 lights in them and they are pretty big. I would guess that they are roughly 4 to 6 feet in diameter. I believe they are similar to ones that the Pennsy used as well. I have some in HO scale made by NJ International that I am placing on my layout so if you know how they worked that would be great!

The other signals I am referring to have a single light in the center of them. Basically a standard searchlight signal. They look to be about 24 inches in diameter. If you know what they were used for as well, I'll be in fat city. :)

Thanks,

Ken McWilliams