Heavyweight N&W and Pullman car colors before streamliners

Wed Feb 13 00:44:12 EST 2008

Can anyone tell me approximately when the N&W began painting their passenger cars in tuscan red paint and also what color did Pullman owned cars where prior to the divestiture of much of Pullman's assets to individual roads? I am trying to determine if some form of green paint (coach green, pullman green, etc) were commonly used on the N&W's passenger trains during the 1940s, prior to the arrival of the Budd sleeper cars.

jerry
<jmlaboda2 at yahoo.com>

Passenger Car Photo Indexes - UPDATED 9/13/07 WITH 7273 NEW LINKS ADDED!!!
<http://trainweb.org/passengercars/>

N-scale Passenger Car User's Guide
<http://trainweb.org/passengercars/UsersGuide.htm>

Appreciate Freedom??? Thank a Veteran!!!