CW diesels & NG engine

Sat Mar 22 13:15:19 EDT 2008

The narrow gauge engine on the flat car looks like ET&WNC
(Tweetsie) #12 being transported back to Blowing Rock, NC
from it's temporary home on the Shenandoah Central in Penn
Laird, Va.

A note from Cy Crumley's Tweetsie Scrapbook website says
"After the ET&WNC ceased narrow gauge operations in 1950,
Engine 12 was sold to become part of a tourist railroad in
Virginia, the Shenandoah Central. In this photo (see the
link to Cy's Scrapbook) the 12 is loaded up and heading out
of Elizabethton bound for Virginia."

#12 was sent to Virginia in 1952 and returned to Blowing
Rock in 1957.

The reason I assume this picture is of #12's return to
Blowing Rock is because the flat car does not look like the
one used to transport it to Penn Laird. Reference the
picture on the Tweetsie Scrapbook website:

http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour13.htm

Jerry Kay, Portsmouth, VA