Help Identifying colors

Sun Mar 30 21:03:17 EDT 2008

In looking through the glass plates from the VPI Archives, I noticed
two photos that got my interest. The first is "Durham District Std
Section Man Formans House" 1106 is the number on the slide. What
color would that house have been in the 1930's? How about 1940's?

The second picture is "Durham District Roadmasters Office South
Boston" and I would like to find out what colors that building was
painted through it's life too. I'm LOTS MORE interested in pre-WWII.

Mark Lindsey
Stuck in the 1930's