[VirginianRailwayEnthusiasts] Re: 3 Questions

Sun May 25 12:02:29 EDT 2008

Todd,

If you can schedule your Roanoke visit to coincide with the N&W Historical Society's Archives monthly work session you would find this world-class facility in Roanoke to be of interest. Don't let the "work" description deter you. Jim Gillum, Archives Chairman, and the rest of the crew enjoy giving visitors a tour. Just go to www.nwhs.org and click on "The Archives" and then click on "Hours" to see a schedule for the "work" sessions. The N&WHS is equally devoted to the Virginian Railway as well as the N&W.

You mentioned visiting a museum in Roanoke, but we have two railroad museums. You can check out the Va. Museum of Transportation at www.vmt.org and the O. Winston Link Museum at: www.linkmuseum.org.

Gordon Hamilton