NW-Mailing-List Digest, Vol 31, Issue 8

Mon Jun 2 23:39:18 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 9:16 PM, Charlie wrote:

> Vince and others:

> If you look at the maps.yahoo.com map and then click 'satellite' view it

> all makes sense. If you can't view it on your computer get some help with it

> because it is worth it. You can almost touch the right of way (ROW)!

The better view is via the Pulaski County GIS site, with the aerial photo
layer turned on.
See http://www.netgis.pulaskicountyva.gov/pulaski/index.php You can zoom in
even
closer with better resolution, to the point where you can check out the
westbound train
with empties. With the view zoomed in to where the scale reads 1320, it is
easy to see
Crosstie Lane in Parrott. There is an interesting triangle in the property
lines there, which
seems to indicate where the original line came off the river. I've posted a
PDF of the
view on my website, see
http://filebox.vt.edu/users/bharper/nwrwy/OldMainLine2.pdf

Bruce in Blacksburg