Questions

Sat Jun 14 19:50:46 EDT 2008

Dominic:
Steam engines operating together on the same train were "synched" the way they always were -- by the touch of the engineers' hands in concert with whistle and hand signals and perhaps, toward the end, radio on roads like the Pennsy that were playing with that technology toward steam's end. Otherwise, it was experience and knowing what to and when to work 2 or more engines together without tearing a train apart.

Andre Jackson