Bedford station

Tue Jun 17 20:55:38 EDT 2008

Next time one of us visits , maybe we could ask Harry if the artist was a B&O fan. Ron

Subject: Bedford station
Date: Monday, June 16, 2008, 3:18 PM

  Went to the Liberty (Bedford) Va. station resturant the other week for lunch and while there was invited by the owner to visit the Board Room , very tastefully done in all N & W with a large mural (painting) on the far wall of what appears to be a 2-8-2 or a 2-8-4 with a passenger train in tow, numbered 2157 ? If the murial artist was doing N & W to match everything else in the resturant, he or she missed the numbering on this loco, also the caboose doesn't look very N & W, but I'm not complaining - just nit-picking - The resturant and food was excellent and very friendly ownership and staff. Has anyone else made this observation? Ron H.