new, old 1218 video on YouTube

Mon Jun 30 10:19:56 EDT 2008

Jerry: It was an AEPCO truck. That's who ran the power plant at Glen Lyn.
Glad to learn that you guys were all that close to where I was. Jim Nichols

>I was there, too, helping clear the debris from US 460. A VEPCO truck (or

>some

> such power co.) was there and they had a chain saw. They cut the tree

> branches

> and we drug them off of the road. We were so disappointed at getting

> caught

> in the slide. We just knew we had missed the train pulling in to

> Bluefield. But as

> it turned out, they had their own slide problems, so we were still able to

> get to

> Bluefield in time to see it come in.

> Jerry Kay, Portsmouth, VA

>>> Walton. After sitting still for an hour or so, they decided to go on to

>>> Bluefield (as intended). This gave us time to clear a fallen tree from

>>> 460

>>> with a borrowed chain saw so we could proceed west. We chased as far as

>>> Oakvale, where the WV state troopers had closed the road up East River.

>>> We