Current Pix of 917 in Bellville

Wed Aug 13 09:11:49 EDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 6:47 AM, Dave Stephenson wrote:

> Found these two photos of 917 in process of reconstruction at its new location in Bellville.

Well, at least the engine is out of the scrapyard. Two questions:

Was the cab really in that location? It looks to be too far forward on
the boiler.

How many 55-gallon drums of black paint went through the industrial-size
paint sprayer?

Well, three questions -- would the guy who did this have come out ahead
financially if he just had someone build a sheetmetal and plywood look-alike
steam engine? I see no dignity in the "preservation" of that N&W engine.

Bruce in Blacksburg