Cass Locomotives

Wed Sep 10 17:41:18 EDT 2008

I just came back from a weekend visit. The place is amazingly beautiful. My wife and I rode up and down the mountain. Cass used two engines to get the train up the mountain. After reaching the top, the second engine went back down. The trip down the mountain was fascinating as the brakemen (and women) used each car's hand brakes to help control the descent (smoking brakes and all). It was a blast !

Steve Watson
modeling N&W '45-'60 in HO