Virginia & NC Railfans - Special Amtrak Consist this Thursday

Tue Sep 30 16:35:42 EDT 2008

Too bad they can't put 6900 in front -- would make for great pix all along that line Ron H

Subject: Virginia & NC Railfans - Special Amtrak Consist this Thursday
Date: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 8:53 AM

Railfans in Virginia and North Carolina:
The N.C. Transportation Museum has been asked by Amtrak to provide SOU #6900 (E8-Crescent), ACL #501 (E3-Champion), Southern RPO #36 and the NYNH&H Pine Tree State Lounge/sleeper for the 100th anniversary celebration at Union Station (Washington, DC) this weekend.  Some twenty or so other engines and coaches will be on display.
Amtrak will run a special with the above consist on Thursday.  We expect that it will go to Washington via Lynchburg and Charlottesville.  If any of you can get some pictures and would send them to me I will see that the N.C. Transportation Museum gets the photos.
As soon as I can get some info on the time of departure from Spencer I will post that.   I'll also pass on return trip information as soon as I can get that.
Have a good day.
George

  George Weber
N.C. Transportation Museum Foundation
V.P. - Rail Operations
  Phn: 336-812-2963 (hm) - 336-870-4506 (cell) - 336-474-5411 (wrk)
   Email: geoweber at triad.rr.com  or gweber at lexington.com