Blue Paint?

Fri Oct 10 20:30:52 EDT 2008

Listers,
Does any one know the significance of a patches of blue paint (approx 8-12") on the sides of the rails? A friend of mine asked the question after seeing the paint on NS rails near the southside of Milford, OH. For those of you familiar with the area it is on the track near the WalMart along Roundbottom Road near Highway 50. I believe this was part of the old N&W that led to Portsmouth. I have not been able to get down the the site to see it for myself. My friend thought that it may indicate that the track was slated to be removed at that point.
Dave Moorehead
Milford, OH