Norfolk & Western SW-1

Wed Nov 12 16:06:50 EST 2008

Roger,

Thanks for the info. The few color images I've seen of this engine show it having an all Blue Paint scheme, with gold lettering. I've always known Norfolk and Western to have an all Black paint scheme. I'm assuming this Blue is from Nickle Plate. Did they ever repaint these engines to the all Black paint scheme?

Bill Seamon

Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 9:35:54 PM
Subject: Re: Norfolk & Western SW-1

Checking the NWHS archives, we have one photo. See following:
http://nwhs.org/archivesdb/detail.php?ID=79817

Checking "N&W: First Generation Diesels" by Withers/Bowers shows that N&W had four of them via merger. 2105/2106 from Nickle Plate, and 3109/3110 from Wabash. There are 5 pictures of 2105/2106 on pages 48/49.

- Roger Link