Liberty Bell Train Accident

Sat Dec 20 14:33:14 EST 2008

I have read somewhere that in January 1902 the Liberty Bell was involved
in a train accident on the N&W near Luray VA as the bell was being
transported from Philadelphia to an Expo in Charleston SC. I am looking
for a citation for the story...like a newspaper item. I will be going to
Luray in the next few weeks to check the local paper's archives in the
library there, but I thought I would see what, if anything, might
develop on this list.

###
Bernie Hylton

"Let it snow...let it snow...let it snow!"