NW-Mailing-List Digest, Vol 39, Issue 28

Thu Jan 22 12:48:18 EST 2009

Hello!

Wondering if Mr. W. W. Scott, mentioned in the following, might be any relation to Leonard Allen Scott, who won the naming contest for the Arrow. I've seen photos of a few Scotts in the books I have, and have often wondered if there might be some connection farther back up the family tree.

Have also been curious to know if anyone has any info on a wreck near Eggleston in the area of the "blue hole" where some of the water in the New River goes underground for a bit. I've been told some of the equipment was never pulled from the river, and if the date is right this could be the wreck where Leonard Scott first worked for the N&W.

Any info on either of these questions would be appreciated.

Vince Albert