More on Abingdon Branch

Mon Feb 2 22:20:55 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 9:14 PM, Gordon wrote:

> The Salem, Va., public library has online Sanborn maps for all Virginia

> cities and towns at:

> http://www.salemlibrary.info/research.html

This might be the same database that the Virginia Tech Libraries
has access to: http://sanborn.umi.com/

I have copies of the maps for Abingdon (1922) and Damascus (1925) in
PDF format. I really don't want to put them out on the web, but I'll be
glad to send the pages (6 for Damascus, 3 for Abingdon) to those who
are interested. I also have scans of the microfilm of various pages.

Bruce in Blacksburg
brucebharper at gmail.com