Any Milk Trains on the N&W?

Fri Feb 13 14:49:01 EST 2009

Mark,

I have never known of dedicated milk cars or milk trains in N&W service.
N&W did handle dairy products in express service on regular trains,
including those on the Shenandoah Division. I have a photo of mixed train
#14 in Hagerstown on the last day of steam operations, and there is a
baggage wagon in the picture loaded with milk cans. There has also been a
1957 photo published in one of the magazines of a wagon load of milk cans at
Roanoke station.

Rick Morrison

Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 10:33 AM
Subject: Any Milk Trains on the N&W?