Help needed in Roanoke

Fri Feb 20 01:17:51 EST 2009

To NWRS If someone is just a train buff can they come and help even though they don't belong

________________________________
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 11:07:50 PM
Subject: Help needed in Roanoke

We badly need YOUR help next Saturday, February 28th to move the
last of the Roanoke Chapter archives collection from its current home
into dryer quarters.

This is a joint NWHS/Roanoke Chapter NRHS project.

The current building has a badly leaking roof and deteriorating floor. It
is important that we move this material to a safer, dryer location while
it is awaiting its move to new quarters to prevent any damage to these
materials.

If you have any spare cardboard boxes, please bring them as much of the
material has not been boxed up.

Starting time will be 8:00 AM.

Even if you can only come for a few hours, your help will be greatly
appreciated!

The Roanoke Chapter's 9th street facility is inside the old Viscose
facility on 9th Street, SE near the Roanoke River. Follow the siding that
crosses 9th street to the east until you see locomotives NW522 and
NW41.
For those who prefer Google Maps or have GPS, try the following street
address

1032 River Ave SE, Roanoke, VA, 24013

My apologies to those who live too far away, but this is one of the best
venues we have to contact those who are close enough to lend a
hand.

Ron Davis