Location of Eggleston Station

Sat Feb 21 23:20:34 EST 2009

I, Gordon Hamilton, received the following from a friend, Reid Garst, who
grew up in Eggleston and whose father worked on a Virginian line gang there:

Gordon,

Yes, the N&W Station at Eggleston was between the Rail Tracks and New
River. Is was about 10 yards upstream of where the old bridge was. After
you crossed the bridge from the Virginian side you took a sharp left to go
up a Ramp /Bridge that crossed the N& W tracks. Once across, you took
another sharp left on to "Main Street." Between the Ramp/Bridge and the N&W
Station was a road that followed the river up stream. There was very little
spare space between the Ramp/Bridge, the road, and the Station.

Reid

Sent: Saturday, February 21, 2009 11:34 AM
Subject: Location of Eggleston Station