Columbus District Singletracking?

Tue Feb 24 20:08:41 EST 2009

Anyone know the date and logic behind adding the two single track sections to the Columbus District between Omega and Lunbeck and again between Chillicothe and Scioto? I believe it was in the 60's which precedes most of the single tracking done by the feline mascot-ed competitor. I would have assumed the Columbus District would have taken a significant roll in the consolidation plans for when the NKP & Wabash were absorbed, so looking back now it s sort of surprising for it to have happened in the same time frame as the merger.

Whit Wardell
Canal Winchester, OH