Columbus District Singletracking?

Wed Feb 25 17:10:38 EST 2009

It also eliminates the weight of two trains on the bridge at the same time.
Bob McKell

Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 4:14 PM
To: NW Mailing List
Subject: Re: Columbus District Singletracking?

Since you would have the same number of trains, how would that reduce wear
and tear on the bridge? Reduce maintenance costs? Yes! Also, reduce taxable
value of the property. Jim Nichols

Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 11:44 AM

Chillicothe-Scioto contains the crossing of the Scioto River, presumably
this was done to reduce wear and tear on the bridge? Omega-Lunbeck I never
realized this was ever doubled. All I can say is it is a remote, curvy
stretch down near the river, if that has anything to do with it. Maybe to
reduce maintenance costs? Good question, I hope someone will have more on
this. I dispatch this part of the railroad.

Keith Baker

Fort Wayne, IN

_____