Very Sad News :(

Sun Mar 29 20:42:44 EDT 2009

Very nice Richard. So what does happen to them when they're taken down? Just scrapped? That'd be a shame, especially since I bet they'd get more money for them by selling them. I wouldn't mind picking one up.

Brian Dembinski

________________________________
Sent: Sunday, March 29, 2009 8:07:11 AM
Subject: Re: Very Sad News :(

Here is one that has been restored and installed along my driveway. As Ken says, they are very heavy. we had to hire a crane to lift it and a sign company to pour the foundation. In the past NS sold them off on site but this practice stopped about 12 years ago.

Thanks,

Richard D. Shell
Troutville, VA

See image at following:
http://nwhs.org/wiki/tiki-browse_image.php?imageId=34

I think you will find a number of N&W fans here, myself included have
preserved signals, I don't think NS is selling them to individuals at
the present.

You might be surprised to find that they are quite large and heavy.
You will be very hard pressed to get one in your basement, regardless
of size. I think the pole I have in the backyard right now is 24 feet
or so tall.

Ken Miller