Boyce station open before and after the N&WHS convention!

Tue Jun 30 01:03:32 EDT 2009

June 30, 2009

Some N&W historians haven't visited the Hagerstown District or examined its operations. There will be an "day office" at Boyce station before and after the convention dates so people traveling along I-81 can learn more about the northern-most corner of the N&W.

Boyce station will be open for visitation a week from today on Tuesday -July 7, Wednesday - July 8, and Sunday, July 12. The hours are 10 AM until 4 PM each day. If anyone notifies me that they may be earlier or later, I'll arrange to be there.

The station is about 8 miles southeast of Winchester, Virginia, near exit 313 along Interstate 81. Take U.S. Highway 50 east about six miles to the intersection of U.S. Highway 340. Go north two miles on route 340 to the blinker light in Boyce, then go on East Main Street about 1/4 mile until crossing the track.

There will also be an evening cook-out and train program under the stars (pray for no rain) on Saturday, September 12. Please hold the date open if you're willing to come to milepost H46.1. I'll send a reminder about a week before the "train night" with additional information.

Looking forward to seeing some of the faces behind the names on this list in July or September --or any other date that you can stop by!

Best wishes,

Frank Scheer
f_scheer at yahoo.com