Something the N&W would do - steam loco bells on Diesels, plus

Wed Jul 1 11:35:20 EDT 2009

Listers:
Those who are members of the NRHS can see in the Winter 2009 issue of the NRHS BULLETIN that Northern Pacific used steam locomotive bells on some of their GP 9s. This looks like something the N&W and VGN would have done! I can't quite tell how they were activated.
Plus, in the same issue, is a fine article on the photography of the late George M. Hart. There are a few from the Roanoke area. These include a 'going away' steamy shot of 2 A's passing Blue Ridge, and, a nice shot of East End Shops with an S1, a J on the TT and an Alco T-6 (I think)!
may be worth finding and looking if you are not a member.
Charlie Long