seeking information on engines

Wed Jul 15 23:45:01 EDT 2009

I had sent a thread out about finding information on my great-grandfather. Thanks to those that replied.

If I can not find out any information about his employment, is it possible to find out any information about the known engines that he worked on?

I have two pictures that show the engine number. They are #1136 and #1447. He worked for the Kenova, WV sub-division of the Scioto Division from at least 1905-1921. My best guess is that these engines served out of Portsmouth or Kenova. I believe my father had mentioned that he may have worked on the "Tad Pole Line" in Wayne Co., WV. I wondered if he would have worked the "Big Sandy Line"?

What I would like to know is what class of engine are these?

What years were they built?

What routes did they run? or What rail yards were they based out of?

When were they taken out of service?

Thanks,
Chris Neff