Location of Thompson's Motel-Shawsville

Wed Jul 22 07:13:54 EDT 2009

I'm trying to locate the site of Thompson's Motel, which may have been on Rt 11 near Shawsville, VA ca 1955-1960. O. Winston Link may have made some recordings from the back of the motel, according to the daughter whose parents once owned this facility. I found only one reference to Shawsville recordings in Link's notes (one of the several missing tapes), but he referred specifically to the station area.

Thanks for any help you can give me on this!

Dave Stephenson