Fwd: [VirginianRailwayEnthusiasts] Passing of Tom "Cornbread" Victory Today

Sun Aug 23 07:54:23 EDT 2009

--
Skip Salmon

=============
To: VirginianRailwayEnthusiasts at yahoogroups.com
From: "skipsalmonvgn" <gkholine at cox.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 01:19:20 -0000
Subject: [VirginianRailwayEnthusiasts] Passing of Tom "Cornbread" Victory Today

It is with great sorrow that I must report to you that Tom "Cornbread" Victory passed away this afternoon. Tom was a brakeman and conductor in Roanoke for the Virginian Railway and shared many colorful stories with the Brethren. He is also the one who mentioned at our second meeting that we should "take twenty". This gave me the idea of calling the sessions with the Brethren "Takin' Twenty". We celebrated Tom's 86th birthday last Sunday.

Skip Salmon