VGN to Huntington

Tue Sep 8 11:06:12 EDT 2009

Excuse me, but I thought the K&M ran along the Kanawha, not the Guyandotte.
At any rate, that still does not require a crossing and recrossing of the
Ohio. Jim Nichols

Sent: Tuesday, September 08, 2009 2:39 AM
To: nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org
Subject: RE: VGN to Huntington

[Either the reporter or I need a geography lesson. If the Virginian were to
cross the Ohio River on the way to seventeenth street, it would be in Ohio
instead of Huntington, WV.]
Gordon Hamilton

Gordon... from this blurb:

"The line, which will be the main line, will extend from Elmore, two and
one-half miles from Mullens, down the Guyandotte River for fifty miles,
where it will connect with another road which has charter rights to build a
line up the Guyandotte on the opposite side of the river from the Chesapeake
and Ohio. section."
I gather that it would already on the Ohio side (i.e, the Kanawha &
Michigan) ergo it would be crossing back over to the WV side in Huntington
Robb Fisher
RFDI