Engine "Slippery-ness"

Mon Sep 21 01:16:20 EDT 2009

To add another observation to Dave's comments, in the recent articles in both the Keystone and Arrow re: the J's test on the Pennsylvania, Pennsy's official test reports stated that the J was not slippery.

I don't know how the Pennsylvania and N&W's plant maintenance compared, but that a crew that was unfamiliar with the J had no problems casts some doubt on the 4.0 rule of thumb.

Matt Goodmam
Columbus, OH