NW Bicentennial Info Needed

Mon Oct 5 19:09:13 EDT 2009

I am only aware of two published photographs of the bicentennial hopper. The back cover of Andrew Dow's N&W coal car book has a great color side view in pristine paint. The N&W equipment color guide from Morning Sun has an angled view, but the car is heavily weathered.

Marty Flick

Sent: Sunday, October 04, 2009 11:23 AM
Subject: NW Bicentennial Info Needed

Hello,

I am currently upgrading my HO119 N&W Bicentennial set. Currently the set will letter two SD-45's in that scheme. We are changing the set to do only one locomotive, but we are adding the hopper, caboose and trailer.

I have the information I need for the trailer. It is at the VA Museum of Transportation and other than some graffiti it still has all of the original graphics. I am also covered on the caboose.

What I need is information of the hopper. If anyone has perpendicular side or end shots they would be willing to share I would be grateful. Copies of drawings would also work. Does anyone know if they are available in the archives?

Sincerely,

Richard D. Shell
ShellScale Decals