Clarke County museum

Wed Oct 14 14:04:01 EDT 2009

clarke county museum
Wednesday, October 14, 2009 12:02 PM
From: "jane radford" <radford at hughes.net>
To: "Frank Scheer" <f_scheer at yahoo.com>

Hi Frank,

We are heading towards the finish line for OUR LAND IS OUR LEGACY (11/12 opening!), and I'm looking for moving footage of the early trains that came up the Shenandoah Valley. Any suggestions for sources of historic footage that would be accurage for Clarke County circa 1880 - 1900-?? Steam, yes? Do you have a public source?

I think you advised me earlier on this, and I apologize for asking again.

Many TX, Jane Radford

October 14, 2009

Good afternoon, Jane:

There are no public domain video sources that I know of. Also, I am unaware of any early film footage of trains on the Shenandoah Division other than that which is available on POCAHOTAS GLORY - Volume 3 DVD which is circa 1950s. The DVD is awailable from the N&W Historical Society's "Commissary." You'll need to contact the DVD producer to discuss licensing of video segments for the Clarke County Historical Society's musueum display.

If anyone else in the society has other suggestions, they will contasct you off line at radford at hughes.net .

Good luck,

Frank Scheer
f_scheer at yahoo.com