Steam Locomotive Operating Manuals

Mon Oct 26 16:01:02 EDT 2009

I have a copy of the N&W Q&A for promotion of firemen to engineers dated October, 1912. It is quite extensive, covering both firing and running, with subsets for cross-compounds (class B 2-8-0s) and Mallets (X-1, Y-1 and Z-1 - the first Z-1s had were about five months old). It also covers air brake, electrical (headlights) and other items. It is a close as you can find to an operator's manual.

EdKing